Oooh Bjorn, I love your way, everyday…and other Baby Zachary updates
I have realized that I could not have been more wrong about the Bjorn. Zachary now loves hanging out in the Bjorn. When I have him facing forward he just chills and checks out the world (though I spend half that time in fear that the straps on the Bjorn will suddenly break). He will even pass out and fall asleep in the Bjorn. His ability to pass out can actually be a problem as when I took him in the Bjorn over to the Central Park Zoo the other day and he had fallen asleep by the time we got there. I did not have the heart to wake him even though there were some cool sea lions to see (he may enjoy the zoo more next year when he is a bit older). While I was on the way back from the zoo, a woman who appeared to be a Jamaican Nanny stopped me to ask if the Bjorn was choking Baby Zachary. This freaked me out for a second until I realized that his head was flopped over in such a weird way that I could see how she would draw that conclusion (he was fine). It was just an odd moment because she basically said, “excuse me but I believe you are slowly murdering your baby.” I feel like Baby Zachary would have told me if he was choking as he tends to be rather vocal about discomfort. Oh and the Bjorn still makes me look like a total dork…but a total dork that is very happy.
- I think I have become Pavlov’s dog. Every time I now read “Love to Cuddle” to Zachary when putting him to sleep I end up yawning. I think I am doing a better job of putting myself to sleep than putting Zachary to sleep.
- I am pretty sure my baby now thinks his name is “Dude” and not “Zachary”.
- For some reason Wifey finds it really funny that every time I read to Zachary I tell him who the author is, “Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Seuss.”
- “Oh my god, what is this in my mouth, it is a tongue, WOW!!!” Zachary seems to have discovered his tongue and really enjoys sticking it out. He especially loves imitating me when I stick my tongue out.
- The New York Jets must all have young babies at home because that is the only plausible explanation for why they fell asleep against the Broncos last night. The Jets suck!!! I am sorry Zachary that you have to root for such a crappy football team. At least we have the Mets…yeah I guess that doesn’t really cheer you up.