Zachary and the Potty
How do you get ready for potty training? You wait until your child is the appropriate age/maturity. You speak to your doctor. You read books and articles and get advice from friends. What do I do? Pretty much none of that so far. I have just said, hey Zachary, want to try using the potty and seen how it goes. And, instead of the potty, I have let Zachary use the toilet. From the little I have actual read and heard, for boys it is easier to start potty training when they are closer to three years old as opposed to when they are barely two years. My idea has just been to introduce Zachary to the general idea of the potty/toilet. How has it gone so far?
- Zachary has put his hands in the toilet – not so surprising.
- Zachary has put his feet in the toilet – slightly more surprising.
- Only a few drops of pee have gone in the toilet.
- A lot more pee has ended up on the living room floor.
- Zachary has gotten excited each time I ask him if he wants to go potty.
- I am pretty sure Zachary has not yet figured out that the best time to try the potty is when he actually has to go.